Monday 19 December 2011

Who is God?

God has started me on a journey to discover more about who He is. During Homeschool studies the kids were working through Exodus - Moses and the Israelites. At this time I felt led to start reading Exodus which was great, I felt like I had an extension reader for their studies. I was getting a bigger picture of God's word too. But whilst reading through I felt led to the passages in Exodus 34: 4 - 9:

4 So Moses chiseled out two stone tablets like the first ones and went up Mount Sinai early in the morning, as the LORD had commanded him; and he carried the two stone tablets in his hands. 5 Then the LORD came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the LORD. 6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”

8 Moses bowed to the ground at once and worshiped. 9 “Lord,” he said, “if I have found favor in your eyes, then let the Lord go with us. Although this is a stiff-necked people, forgive our wickedness and our sin, and take us as your inheritance.”



I felt led to verses 6 and 7 where God is explaining His Goodness to Moses. And God has led me to make posters of each of His character traits, whilst using the dictionary to get a clearer picture about what they mean. Then He led me to post them on my pantry for my kids to see too. So who is God:

1) He is Lord (Ruler)
2)He is Compassionate (sympathetic)
3) He is gracious (merciful, kind and desires to do good for others)
4)Slow to anger
5)Abounding (true to fact, filled with, rich in) in love and faithfulness (loyal, trusted, can be relied upon and believed)
6)Maintaining love to thousands
7)Forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. (free pardon, cease to feel resentment)
8) Yet He does not leave the guilty unpunished; He punishes the children and their children for the sins of the parents to the third and fourth generation. (just)

It is so important to know who our God is. If you don't know your creator then call out to Him today. A prayer is NOT a tricky speech, it IS a heart to heart with your closest friend. Just talk like you would to your best friend. He always hears our prayers. He is loving and faithful. And He has given us eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord, who died for the sins of many, taking the punishment for us all, then rose to life and ascended into Heaven. All you have to do is Believe and accept this gift. Let's live our lives for Christ, and let our lives be a sacrifice for His glories to shine through us. God is great!

Below are pictures of my posters:


God has also led me to be an example for my kids by memorising scripture and being accountable to them. I am still working on this one and will update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment